- What is aptitude test?
- Why do companies ask to complete online tests?
- What types of psychometric assessment are there for Graduates and Professionals?
- Who are the most popular test providers?
- What is Numerical Reasoning test?
- What is Verbal Reasoning test?
- What is Situational Judgement test?
- What is Logical test?
- What is Diagrammatic Reasoning test?
- What is Inductive Reasoning test?
- What is Mechanical Reasoning test?
- What are the Aptitude Tests platform features?
- How much does it cost to practice Aptitude Tests?
- Do you have volume pricing?
- Do you have free online tests?
- I am not sure what tests to practice. Can you suggest?
- How do I purchase Aptitude Tests package?
- How do I start practice after purchasing the tests?
- I found an error/misspell in the test. What should I do?
- How can I see my progress?
- What are the most effective methods to prepare for real psychometric assessment?
- I am not satisfied with the purchase. How can I request a refund?
- I cannot find the answer
What is aptitude test?
Aptitude test is a type of standardised assessment (e.g. exam) used to determine job candidate's ability to solve numerical, verbal, logical and situational problems. Aptitude (or psychological, reasoning, ability) tests are mostly used by mid-to-large companies around the world at the early stages of the interview during candidate screening.
Why do companies ask to complete online tests?
When you apply for a job at a company there is a high chance that you will be asked to complete online tests. Depending on what role you are applying, tests may differ (e.g. Numerical, Verbal, Logical, Situational.) These tests are designed to assess your ability to work with data, either numerical, verbal or visual. Once you complete the tests, a recruiter can then decide whether to proceed to the next interview stage.
What types of psychometric assessment are there for Graduates and Professionals?
There are many types of reasoning tests, but the most commonly used are:
- Situational Judgement
- Logical (including Diagrammatic, Inductive)
Who are the most popular test providers?
What is Numerical Reasoning test?
Numerical Reasoning tests are one of the most popular types of tests used in mid-to-large companies around the World. Primarily, Numerical tests are used to assess candidate’s ability to work with numbers, percentages, charts and graphs. This is especially important if you are applying to Engineering, Consultancy or other position, where you are required to work with numbers.
What is Verbal Reasoning test?
Verbal Reasoning tests assess candidate’s ability to understand and process the context from the given paragraph. When taking Verbal reasoning assessment, for each question you will be given a short text passage and one question, where you are expected to give an answer of ‘True’, ‘False’ or ‘Cannot Answer.‘ Verbal reasoning tests are widely used in companies, like NHS, BBC, BT Group, Lloyds Bank, RBS, AECOM and many others in between the recruitment stages. You will be invited to complete Verbal reasoning assessment after you submit an application form or during your group exercise.
What is Situational Judgement test?
Situational Judgement tests help employers to assess candidate's reactions to conflicts and unusual situations in the workplace, as well as their managerial style. On the basis of candidate's answers a recruiter will determine whether candidate conforms to the position and the values of a particular company. The variety of situational scenarios allows assessing candidate's soft skills and how they perform in different situational under pressure. A typical Situational test consist of the scenario, question and possible answers. It must be noted that the type of answer can be either multiple choice, sort (best and worst response), and complex response sort (least effective to most effective response.)
What is Logical Reasoning test?
Logical Reasoning tests are designed to determine a candidate's abstract and logical thinking. Logical assessment may consist of special diagrams, geometric shapes and other lined up images, where a candidate has to continue the row in a logically correct way.
What is Diagrammatic Reasoning test?
Diagrammatic Reasoning tests are widely used with Inductive and Logical assessment. Diagrammatic tests assess candidate's ability to make logical decisions and solve complex problems. During a Diagrammatic Reasoning test you will be given a sequence of images and a list of responses.
What is Inductive Reasoning test?
Inductive Reasoning tests are widely used with Diagrammatic and Logical assessment. Inductive tests assess candidate's ability to make logical decisions and solve complex problems, applying analytical and critical decision making skills. During an Inductive Reasoning test you will be given a sequence of images and a list of responses.
What is Mechanical Reasoning test?
Mechanical Reasoning tests are designed to determine the logical and abstract thinking skills of candidates. During a Mechanical assessment, a candidate is given an image with a problem to solve. Usually the context of the problem is related to physics and geometry. Mechanical Reasoning tests are usually given to the graduate and professional candidates, applying to Engineering and Development roles.
What are the Aptitude Tests platform features?
Our platform provides an All-in-One solution for online tests practice. Some of our features are:
- 60+ high quality online aptitude tests written by professional psychologists
- Detailed solution to every question
- Enhanced report with 'Review Mode' lets you go through the test and see incorrect answers
- Simulate SHL / Kenexa / Talent Q mode by switching on-off the test countdown, question jump and negative marking
- Easy to navigate Dashboard with regular Platform updates
How much does it cost to practice Aptitude Tests?
Do you have volume pricing?
Yes! We offer special pricing to Universities and Colleges that help students in career preparation. In addition to the same great tests, you can request a dedicated url (e.g. aptitude-tests.co.uk/university-of-london) and branded sign in experience.
Do you have free online tests?
Yes! You can practice our Free Tests here: www.aptitude-tests.co.uk/free-tests
I am not sure what tests to practice. Can you suggest?
Sure! Just drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org briefly telling what companies and positions you want to apply to. We will pick the right assessment package for you, and sure we will give you a little discount as a compliment.
How do I purchase Aptitude Tests package?
You can purchase our tests different ways:
- Go to a Pricing page, pick a plan that you want ('Pay as you go' or 'All-in-One'), click 'Buy Now', enter your sign in details, click 'Next'. Complete your purchase by going to 'Checkout', where you will enter your payment details on Stripe website. Do not worry, we do not have an automatic subscription system. This is an One-off payment. After the payment you will see a Result page with instructions, also you will receive an order and payment confirmation letters to your email.
- Go to the Companies page, choose a company. You will see a company profile page, scrolling down you will find a Pricing widget, similar to what is located on Pricing page. Go throught the same procedure as in the option above.
- Go to the specific test package page (e.g. Numerical Reasoning.) Scrolling down you will find a Pricing widget, similar to what is located on Pricing page. Go throught the same procedure as in the option above.
How do I start practice after purchasing the tests?
After the purchase, you will see a Result page with further instructions. If everything is good, you can proceed to the Sign In page: aptitude-tests.co.uk/signin. Sign in using your email and password, you will see a Dashboard. Go to the Tests tab located on top, choose the tests package and click on 'Take Test' on any test you want to take.
I found an error/misspell in the test. What should I do?
We are sorry that you found an error or misspell in our tests. We know, this happens. You can help us fix the test by following these steps:
- Start the test in which you found an error, switch off the test countdown/timer.
- Jump to the question where you found an error.
- Click 'Report Error' on top right of the Answer Box.
- Follow the further instructions. This should not take more than a minute.
How can I see my progress?
You can see all your test log (progress) by going to the Performance page. Find 'Performance' on top navigation bar on the Member's Dashboard.
What are the most effective methods to prepare for real psychometric assessment?
The most effective way to prepare for an online test is to practice a lot. Go through the tests again and again until you gain a confidence in solving the problems in less than a minute or two. Your preparation mainly depends on your personal commitment. However, our Platform is built in such a way that your practice will take place in the shortest possible time. You won't be distracted by counting your results or identifying tasks that are difficult for you - our platform does that. The charts show your progress, and you always know your percentile, i.e. how well you are doing compared to other candidates.
I am not satisfied with the purchase. How can I request a refund?
All our plans have a 14-days Money Back Guarantee, which means you can request a refund within 14 days after the purchase if the tests or the platform do not meet your expectations. All you have to do is just let us know what went wrong. Altought we will be happy to process your refund request, please note that Terms & Conditions apply.
I cannot find the answer
If you cannot find the answer on this page, please ask us by email: email@example.com. We aim to respond in 1 business day, but statistically it is just an hour or two.